Why study with us
Do You Want To Study with us?
We offer a wide range of training opportunities for mental health professionals and attorneys in the areas of Civil and Workers’ Compensation. Distance learning courses and web-based live lectures are available on this site. We also can come to your law firm, school, professional office, or independent location to address particular topics of interest. Some of the presentations we have given in the past include:
QME Report Writing Course (APA, QME)
Deposing a Psych Expert (MCLE)
Psych Experts: What to consider? (MCLE)
Understanding Response Bias (MCLE)
Evidence-based Treatment (QME)
Advanced Forensic Report Writing (QME)
Introduction to QME Evaluations (QME)
Use of Psychological Testing in Forensics (QME)
Workers’ Compensation: A Case Consultation (QME)
Deposing a Psych Expert (QME)
Meet our team
Amyanne Freeburg, Psy.D., ABPP
Director of Education, Clinical/Forensic Psychologist
Arthur Asatoorian, Psy.D.
Course Instructor, Clinical/Forensic Psychologist
Brett Freeburg, B.S.
Mission and Vision
Our organization has the goal of advancing the knowledge and expertise of mental health and legal professionals in the following ways:
- Provide an avenue for professionals gain a foundation in forensic and clinical mental health that that can use toward developing or advancing their forensic psychology career or preparing for cases;
- Provide an avenue to foster competence in new legal developments pertinent to forensic mental health evaluations;
- Advance knowledge of report writing and effective argument formulation for mental health professionals to bridge the gap between the legal and mental health fields;
- Assist professionals maintaining a high level of ethics and understanding of those ethics pertaining to the practice of mental health;
- Provide updates and application of psychological testing to forensic vs. clinical settings;
- Provide advanced training on the cultural differences in evaluations in forensic and clinical settings; and
- Enhance knowledge of evidence based treatments for clinical and forensic mental health issues.
- We are dedicated to maintain the high education standards of the Department of Industrial Relations, American Psychological Association, and State Bar of California to provide continuing education for QME, APA, and MCLE credits.
APA Approved Sponsor
Legal Minds, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Legal Minds, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content
State Bar of California
MCLE Continuing Education
Department of Industrial Relations
QME Continuing Education
American Psychological Association
APA continuing education
Frequently asked questions
How can I choose my courses?
We offer a number of different learning paths, which you are invited to read and choose the one that better meets your needs. However if you need any advice or clarifications, we are at your disposal at any time.
What if the student and teacher’s personalities don’t work well together or the student is dissatisfied?
We have 16 teachers so if a problem occurs – which is extremely rare – we can switch you over to one of the other teachers. If you think you may get more out of lessons from a teacher with a different teaching style, we have the flexibility to change you to another instructor.
What can you offer that I cannot get at other online schools?
With us you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most notable professionals in the field. We are intricately involved with education across the U.S. Our students regularly participate in local, state-wide, and national workshops and festivals.